Zoning in Grasshopper
After an introduction to building zoning, we will look at our CAD file (15FA_BogwangDong_Site) and select redevelopment areas for your sites. Using the property lines in the CAD file, we will trim a duplicated surface of your site in Rhino.
Looking at the building zoning grasshopper definition (now under Handout 08), you will see that the following parameters are integrated: FAR, BCR, building height, floor-to-floor height, no. of buildings, building rotation and building dimension.
The definition requires one surface input, which we will use as your redevelopment site surfaces.
Wind Analysis in Ladybug + Flow Design
Using Ladybug, we will look at our weather files and generate wind rose diagrams to visualize prevailing wind directions of our city. We can also define a summertime analysis period in order to find optimal building orientation for natural ventilation in the hot period.
We will also briefly cover how to import your site models (export rhino file as OBJ file) into Autodesk Flow Design to create wind simulations. We can save still images and videos of our simulations.
2.1 Take-home Assignment: Building Massing per Zoning
Issued: Oct. 16, 2015 / Due: Oct. 23, 2015
Test open area and building massing options for your selected redevelopment areas according to the following redevelopment zoning criterias.
- Hanam Zone 1 : FAR 274% (current 197%)
- Hanam Zone 2 : FAR 214% (current 178%)
- Hanam Zone 3 : FAR 210% (current 170%)
- Hanam Zone 4 : FAR 210% (current 170%)
- Hanam Zone 5 : FAR 223% (current 170%)
- Type 1, 2 Residential Area (제1, 2종 전용주거지역) à Max 50%
- Type 1, 2 General Residential Area (제1, 2종 일반주거지역) à Max 60%
- Type 3 General Residential Area (제3종 일반주거지역) à Max 50%
- Semi Residential Area (준주거지역) à Max 70%
Max. Building Height
- 28m including basement level
- Construct your massing options as Plans, Sections to scale and layout, print on A3
- Construct a wind rose diagram and layout, print on A3
- Construct a 5 second video of a wind analysis of your site, in a view of your choosing
• Print your to-scale diagrams on an A3 sheet and hand them in at the start of the next class. We will also look at your animations in-class next week.